Asking for Customer Reviews is so un-Canadian of us
It just feels wrong to ask people to leave nice reviews about your business!
Competitors are likely to Attract more Customers
Does it feel any better to know that 85% of people google a business before deciding whether or not to shop your location. Competitors with more Reviews, are likely to attract more customers. That might make it feel much more Canadian!
Here’s our simple approach that anyone can use:
1. Thank the customer for their business.
2. Ask. Ask immediately after you wow a customer.
3. Ask in-person, through email or through our text service with a 90%+ open rate.
4. Keep your request simple.
A small percentage of customers will leave business reviews without being asked. A much larger percentage will leave a review after being asked. If you’d like more reviews, you need to ask.
Here are the quick steps to find a direct link to your Google Business Listing Review request.
- Login to Google My Business.
- Find your Listing.
- Click “View on Search”
- When your business listing appears, click on “Reviews” or “Write a Review.”
- An entry box will appear on screen, allowing you to write a Review. Copy the URL in the address bar to a location you will remember. (IE bookmark or e-notebook)
- Share this direct link when asking customers for a Review.
Test it out yourself to be sure it is working correctly. You can also use a “link shortener” to make the URL smaller.
And now that you have new reviews, don’t forget to respond! Check out this quick video on how to respond to reviews.
Reviews are one of the fastest ways to grow a small business. Get started today! Tell ya what. Become our customer and we’ll send you a request for a Review after we wow you. Deal? 😉