Google My Business Stands Outwith “Posts.”
Are you familiar with Google My Business? If not, check out our DIY Resources section here, for tonnes of free stuff, easy information and all sorts of tools to manage your digital strategy and online presence. Google My Business is one of the most powerful resources to find ready-to-buy customers. Take a few minutes to learn all about this free Listing service from Google or let’s just say that Google My Business is all kinds of awesome. For free.
In June 2017, Google announced that business owners could use their GMB Listing to also include a “Post.” Whatchu talkin bout Willis?! (And if you’re old enough to understand that social meme, you’ll really appreciate this post!)
**Updated April 2018. Google My Business now includes the ability to add a ‘Description.’ Read more information here.**
A Direct Pipeline to Google
What good is a “Post” on a GMB Listing? Think of it this way…a direct pipeline to Google and free advertising!
GMB “Posts” allow business owners to publish content to their Listing to promote sales, coupons or communicate with customers and potential customers. Here is a sample GMB Listing with a Post.
Jazzes it up pretty good! If you have not yet taken advantage of this free opportunity, go ahead and give it a try today!
There are a couple things you should know before you get started.
- Google My Business Posts expire one week after posting. Be sure to keep fresh content posted.
- You can add text, images, events, buttons and links to other web content.
Ready to get started? Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Google My Business account here.
- If you have multiple locations, click Manage location for the correct location.
- Click Create post. Or click Posts from the menu.
- The “Create Post” screen will appear. Just enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve created your post, click Preview. If it looks good, click Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
Working from Mobile? Click here for a more specific explanation direct from Google.
If you use an app to schedule your social media, you will want to consider an app that can post to GMB and all of your social channels. The app we recommend is called Social Marketing. The link will open a new window to the Above the Fold Marketing Store.