The latest updates on Google My Business.
This post is part of a continuing series of monthly updates on the #1 search tool used by ready-to-buy customers. For all the updates, or to see additional information, read Attract More Customers with Google My Business.
Restaurants Can Opt-Out
- Google My Business is letting restaurant listings remove links to online ordering. If you are a restaurant owner, and would like to opt-out, just complete this form. To read more, check out the details here.
New Service Options
- Local service businesses will be pleased to see an increase in the categories or attributes they can use to describe their business. For example, plumbers can now select an attribute like, “fix leaks.” Look to the left-hand menu for Services to determine what options are available for your business.
- Many local service businesses list multiple locations and a wide service-area in their Listing. Don’t be surprised to discover that this “service-area” has been removed. Customers were complaining the search results were bloated with businesses unable to serve them; thus Google cleaned up this feature.
- Businesses must now select specific cities, provinces, states, etc.
- Find this setting in Info -> Service Area.
- Learn more here.
- Not new but still free! Build your first website for free with Google here.
Small Business with Google
- Imagine if Google planned your digital marketing plan. They will – for free!! Check it out here.